Login

02 November 2019Draft Minutes from 28th October 2019

Tap O Noth Community Council Meeting

Minutes of meeting held at No 14 The Square Rhynie

Monday 28th October 2019

Present: Paul Manning (Chairman), George Beverly (Vice Chairman),Janice Smith (Secretary/ Treasurer), Alistair Rennie, David Grant, Max Wallace, Duncan Connon.

In Attendance: Cllr Latham
Apologies: Peter Johnston; James Matthew, Verona Groves.
Minutes of previous meeting: Approved :David Grant; Seconded: George Beverly.

Matters Arising:

        Gartly School Closure.

No further progress reported. The costs of further work to eradicate the contamination will be going before the Area Committee in December for discussion. Rhynie School has undergone some refurbishment to accommodate the additional pupils. It was reported that Janelle Clark (Area Manager) had suggested that there is a possibility that Rhynie Community Centre may be refurbished too.

        Community Council representation at meetings with the Roads Dept.

Paul met with Angela Funk from the Roads Dept and reported new issues raised by Community Councillors. He also received updates on existing issues. These meetings have been constructive so far. Janice to send 2020 Community Council meeting dates to Angela once they have been finalised. Future meetings with the Roads Dept to be on Tuesdays.

        Tap O Noth Community Council Website.

This is work in progress.

        Safe Path to School Kennethmont.

No further progress has been made. The Roads Dept staff originally dealing with this project are no longer with the Roads Dept so Derek Murray will be looking into this from now on. Cllr Latham will be meeting with Derek to see about the possibility of a small pathway being constructed. He has also been in touch with the police to ensure that the speed limit is reviewed once more.

        Microgrants.

Janice highlighted that funding was available for the Tap O Noth Community Council area. Community Councillors to make the community aware that grants up to £500 were available for community projects.

        Community Benches.

The community benches have now been delivered. The broken one in Gartly has been replaced. There is one on Manse Road, Rhynie that will be replaced shortly. One potentially could be located at Tap O Noth on the footpath. George to look into this. The remaining benches will be stored with George in the meantime.

        Repairs to wall at Park Lane Gartly.

Repairs have now been started but not completed as of yet.

Correspondence:
        Clashindarroch 2 windfarm meeting 14/11/19 6.30pm Castle Hotel Huntly (noted)

Planning Applications: No objections.

Individual Area Reports:

Clatt: Nothing new to report.

Kennethmont: Nothing new to report.

Gartly: No representation.

Rhynie: Blocked drain with water running on the road- near Braehead Croft. Paul to report at the next Roads Dept meeting.

AOCB

Cheque gratefully received for £1685.18 from Friends of Rhynie Medical Practice Equipment Fund. These funds to look after the upkeep of the 4 defibrillators in the Tap O Noth Community Council area.

Next Meeting:
Monday 9th December 2019 at 7.30pm

Clatt Village Hall

23 September 2019Minutes from 16th Sept 2019

Tap O Noth Community Council Meeting

Minutes of meeting held at Rannes Hall Kennethmont

Monday 16th September 2019

Present: Paul Manning (Chairman), George Beverly (Vice Chairman),Janice Smith (Secretary/ Treasurer), Alistair Rennie, Verona Groves, James Matthew, David Grant, Max Wallace.

In Attendance: Cllrs Latham and Withey
Apologies: Peter Johnston; Duncan Connon
Minutes of 5th August meeting: Approved :James Matthew; Seconded: Verona Groves.

Matters Arising:
        Vattenfall’s proposals for Clashindarroch 2 Windfarm project.

Unfortunately a representative was unable to attend the meeting. A new meeting will be arranged shortly.

        Gartly School Closure.

An update from Councillors was requested as there has been no communication given to Tap O Noth Community Council despite urgent emails for updates being sent out on a regular basis. Cllr Latham responded that a meeting had been held with parents and that it was purely about education.

This was a meeting which Community Councillors were asked not to attend.
A public meeting with technical officers present has been arranged for 6.30pm on 26th September at Kennethmont School.

        Community Council representation at meetings with the Roads Dept.

Unfortunately the meeting could not go ahead due to illness. The next meeting will be 23rd October 2019.

        Garden Competition 2019/20

This has been an overall success with some nice gardens in the area. Hopefully there will be more applicants again next year if advertising starts in Feb/March 2020 to promote it. Hopefully the local schools can all be involved as well. The new application form will need to include an updated GDPR clause.

        Tap O Noth Community Council Website.

This is work in progress. Verona has looked into the possibilities of a Facebook site but more information is needed. We also need to look into website possibilities and may need advice from website designers. Everyone is in agreement to improve the TONCC website.

        Tap O Noth Footpath.

There have been good comments made about the footpath and access has been much improved. A general purpose waste bin has been provided in the car park by Aberdeenshire Council (thanks go to the council for a swift installation)

        Aberdeenshire Council Household Waste Collection, disposal of tyres etc.

Concerns have been raised that tyres can no longer be disposed of at the Aberdeenshire Council waste collection sites.
Cllr Latham explained that there were new rules about the disposal of tyres so all Scottish Councils will be gradually stopping taking tyres.

Correspondence:

Police report June- August 2019 (noted)

Planning Applications: No objections.

Individual Area Reports:

Clatt: Nothing new to report.

Kennethmont: Nothing new to report.

Gartly: Nothing new to report.

Rhynie: There are a lot of trees overhanging the roadside between the Leslie junction up to Forest Hill cottage on Suie Hill. Also, the gulley at West Lodge Druminnoir needs attention. These need to be reported to the Roads Dept.

AOCB

Bedding plant orders for next year to be placed by 30th September. Janice to reply regarding the Kennethmont order and will email Eileen and Peter regarding the Clatt and Gartly orders. George has already sent in the order for Rhynie.

An application has been sent in to Foundation Scotland regarding funding for 4 recycled community benches- 1 for each of the 4 areas. Paul reported that on checking the bench at Manse Road, Rhynie it had to be removed as it was in very poor condition.

Safe footpath to school from the distillery to Kennethmont School. This is still under review.

Rhynie meetings will take place in future at No14 The Square Rhynie. The Community Centre is still in need of repair.

Next Meeting:
Monday 28th October 2019 at 7.30pm

No 14 The Square Rhynie.

View All Stories

Click for Map

Upcoming Events

site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement