|Hunters Quay Community Council | sitemap | log in|
HistoryHUNTER'S QUAY PIER
The original stone pier was built by Robert Hunter in 1828. Villas used as holiday homes by rich Glaswegians were rapidly developed, and the village became the base of the Royal Clyde Yacht Club. A more substantial pier replaced the original in 1858. It was scheduled for closure in 1952, but reprieved the following year and used by the Maid of Ashton on her Holy Loch run. It closed again in 1964, but re-opened in 1973 under the ownership of Western Ferries as the northern terminal for their service from McInroy's Point.
Site Last Updated - 12/11/2019 23:59:12