BARRS HYDRO LOCH ETIVE
COMMUNITY BENEFIT FUND
From March 2022, Ardchattan Community Council will receive £10,000 (index linked) per annum Community Benefit Funding from Barrs Hydro Ltd for 40 years.
As the Community Council failed to reach required member numbers in the first round of elections in 2022 it was temporarily mothballed for several month and a decision was made to get some of the 2022 funding out to the community by donation. These donations (amounts and recipients) were approved by CC vote at the public community council meeting of 29th September 2022.
Community Benefit Fund expenditure of £7325.62 for 2022/3 can be viewed under documents here
The Community Council is now back in action with a 13 strong team. It was agreed at the public meeting on 22ndJune 2023 that of the £11,350.85 received from Barrs Hydro in April 2023, £8000 will be made available to community groups by application.
- Application is open to community groups whose project provides clear benefit to the local community of Ardchattan.
- It is essential that applicants have a bank account for their organisation as we can not pay funds into personal or private bank accounts.
- Funding of up to £500 per annum is available per organisation.
Funds remaining with the Community Council will be held to support local activities funded by the Community Council.
A sub committee has been formed with 3 Community Councillors – David Orr, DJ Barr and Caroline Campbell. The process for applications is as follows:
- Please e mail Caroline Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org with any initial enquiries or for an application form which can also be downloaded here.
- The sub committee will review completed application forms to ensure the request is from an group, hall, school etc within the Ardchattan CC area and that all information required has been received.
- Applications approved by the sub committee will pass to Ardchattan CC Treasurer, who will present them at a public meeting for approval.
- Approved funding will be paid by the Treasurer and a receipt for payment must be sent to the Treasurer for our audit of accounts.
- Details of the annual payouts from the Community Benefit Fund will be uploaded to this website under documents and visible to the whole community.