Vacancy: Retained Firefighters for Fortrose Community
You must be available to respond to emergency calls from your home, or place of work (by employer agreement), at any time of the day or night between 5 - 8 minutes of emergency call-outs, however, if you do not meet these requirements your application may still be considered. To ensure you maintain the relevant knowledge and skills required for the role, you will be required to attend your station for up to 2- 3 hours training session each week. In return you will be paid a retainer fee together with additional payments for every incident and training night you attend.
To become an RDS Firefighter, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over.
- Be physically fit and in good health.
- Have good vision and colour perception.
- Be seriously interested in helping to provide an invaluable emergency service for your local community.
- Have the express permission of your primary employer to become an RDS Firefighter.
- You can view our recruitment process by visiting website www.firescotland.gov.uk
More information can be obtained from www.myjobscotland.gov.uk
Or contact Richard Franklin or Andrew Silversides