Login
Get your free website from Spanglefish

THE NEXT ORDINARY MEETING OF THE

GARVE & DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL WILL

BE HELD ON TUESDAY 5 MARCH 2019 AT 7.00PM IN GARVE VILLAGE HALL

 

Agenda

Members of the public are very welcome to attend Community Council meetings and take part in the discussions under the guidance of the Chairman

 

1. Introductions and Apologies

 

2. Declarations of interest

 

3. Approval of the minutes of the last ordinary meeting held on Tuesday 5 February 2019 and matters arising from the minutes

 

4. Treasurer’s report

 

5. Correspondences

 

6. AOB from Community Council members

 

7. AOB from members of the public

 

8. Screening reports, scoping reports and consultations

At the time of writing, no screening reports, scoping reports or consultations have been received by the Community Council.

            

9. Building warrants, planning issues and licensing issues

At the time of writing, no building warrants, planning applications or licensing issues have been received by the Community Council.

 

10. Dates of future meetings

(Ordinary meetings are usually held on the first Tuesday of every month unless stated otherwise)

Tuesday 2 April 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 7 May 2018, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 4 June 2019, AGM followed by an ordinary meeting, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

July 2019 – no meeting

Tuesday 6 August 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 3 September 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 1 October 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

 

Issued at 3.00pm on Tuesday 19 February 2019.

 

 

DRAFT Minutes of the Garve & District Community Council ordinary meeting

held on Tuesday 5 February 2019 in Garve Village Hall

Community Council members present: Kenny Maclean (Chairman), Jennifer Haslam (Secretary), Caroline Gamble and co-opted member Sadie-Michaela Harris. 

Also present: Martin Macphee, formally of Eneco, now of Wind Vigilance LTD (7.00pm-8.00pm), Cllr Dr Ian Cockburn (7.35pm-8.30pm) and two members of the public.

Apologies: Eliza Leslie Melville (Treasurer), Community Council member Bob Moir, co-opted member Joe Stewart and Val MacIver (Platform PR).

The Chairman opened the meeting at 7.05pm as some members were running late due to the icy conditions.  Congratulations to Caroline and George Gamble on becoming grandparents again.  Kris and Anna had a baby girl called Rose on Thursday 10 January 2019.  A by-election was held on Thursday 6 December 2018 following the resignation of Cllr Kate Stephen from The Highland Council.  Cllr Alex MacInnes from Kishorn was elected.  Today, is Sadie’s Birthday.  Community Council members sang “Happy Birthday”!

Declarations of Interest – none.  Community Council members confirmed that they had read all documents due to be discussed tonight before the start of this meeting.

Matters arising – Eneco – press reports suggest that Eneco (the company) including the Lochluichart Windfarm may be sold.  We await developments with interest.  LCT have been made aware.  Martin MacPhee left Eneco on Friday 25 January 2019 and has started his own business, Wind Vigilance LTD, website to follow.  We thank him for his assistance over the years and wish him well.  Martin wished to thank the Community Council for their help over the years and hopes to keep in touch.

Approval of minutes of the last ordinary meeting held on Tuesday 4 December 2018 in Garve Village Hall were proposed by Caroline Gamble and seconded by Sadie-Michaela Harris.  Minutes are available at Garve Post Office, on our website or via email. 

Matters arising continued - Bea Jefferson has sent an update regarding the EDF Corriemoillie Education & Training Fund.  “The Fund represents 20% of the overall EDF Corriemoillie Community Fund.  Its focus is to support local people with education and training opportunities and contribute to creating job opportunities in the local area.  As at 28 January 2019, £59,450 had been awarded out of the £102,801 allocated to the fund in its first two years of operation.  50 awards were made. Of these, 48 were bursaries to individuals, and two awards were to organisations to support apprenticeships.  Of the £59,450 allocated, £6,244 relate to seven beneficiaries living in the Garve and District Community Council area.  Our next deadline for applications is Monday 11 March 2019 for decisions by the awards panel in late April”.  We thank Bea for her update.  Co-opted member Sadie-Michaela Harris asked how well advertised is this fund?  It was noted that there are posters, Newspaper adverts, noted several times in our own minutes and the website - https://www.foundationscotland.org.uk/programmes/corriemoille-education-and-training/ however, other suggestions would be welcome.  We understand the fund will be reviewed in around 3-5 years’ time to ensure it is still achieving its aims. 

Ross & Cromarty Educational Trust Scheme - this fund is only available to students and schools within the Ross and Cromarty area, it provides financial assistance for schools, individuals and clubs with funding to help with prizes, bursaries for universities, sports, educational travel, visual arts, music, drama and research.  Information about this Trust has already been sent to schools in the Dingwall, Cromarty and Avoch areas as well as to several Community Councils.  More details at ...  https://www.highland.gov.uk/info/899/schools_grants_and_benefits/831/ross_and_cromarty_educational_trust

Infinergy - www.lxxwindfarm.co.uk – Nick Sage has informed our Chairman that Infinergy hope to submit their planning application shortly.

SSE – a presentation was made to The Highland Council’s Environment, Development & Infrastructure Committee meeting on Thursday 31 January 2019 by Alex Morrison of SSE, providing information on development of a business plan called RIIO-T2.  SSE still hope to install the Western Isles cable from the Western Isles.  Co-opted member Sadie-Michaela Harris has walked The Avenue to compare the condition of the trees since the tree survey was carried out in 2013.  Sadie found that all the trees noted for felling in the report of March 2013 are still in situ awaiting felling.  Some of the tags had fallen off the trees but with the plans in the report, Sadie found it was easy to identify work that had not been carried out.  The exception being some Rhododendrons at the far end of The Avenue beside Crannach – these seem to have been recently thinned.  Tree tagged 01822 is now in a very bad way severely leaning and balanced on another tree.  Tree with badly damaged main trunk tagged at 01825 on the plan is also looking very dodgy.  We thank Sadie for taking the time to do the homework for us.  Caroline Gamble reminded Community Council members of the 2013 report’s conclusions … “3.1.1 - The Avenue is relatively old and showing signs of decline.  Many trees (presumably dead/dying) have been removed leaving gaps and the only new stock is naturally regenerated Birch.  The Avenue is therefore under stocked and will continue to deteriorate unless positive steps are taken.”  Daryn Lucas, Lead Project Manager at SSE writes … “The tree survey and report from 2013 provided a scope of works that would go ahead when the proposed Western Isles Connection underground cables were installed in the area of The Avenue at Garve.  Back in 2013 SHE Transmission considered this to be imminent, however renewable generation developers in the Western Isles did not progress their plans and the need for the SHE Transmission cables did not materialise; hence works were not required at The Avenue.  However, with a change in UK Government policy in October 2017 (allowing island onshore developers to compete for government subsidies in 2019) the need for a Western Isles Connection is once again back on the table and SHE Transmission submitted a new “Needs Case” to Ofgem in August 2018.  The route proposed in the area of The Avenue at Garve is unchanged from 2013 (school end of The Avenue) and SHE Transmission will comply with the report recommendations should construction go ahead this time round.  I will take advice from my environmental colleagues, but I would think an updated tree survey would be needed at The Avenue for us to work to following approval from The Highland Council.  I appreciate this does not deal with the immediate issue of removing dead trees from The Avenue.  One option might be for the Community Council to gain agreement with The Highland Council for the works and then apply to SHE Transmission for our tree-cutters to donate a day or two of labour under our “Be The Difference” scheme.  Updates on the Western Isles project are posted on the project webpage (https://www.ssen-transmission.co.uk/projects/western-isles/).”  We thank Daryn for his detailed email.  Community Council members agreed that enquiries should be made regarding the “Be The Difference” scheme to see if the two dead/leaning trees could be cut down and also about replanting some native trees in The Avenue to keep its historic integrity.  Could the firewood be given to OAP’s?  We would need to check if this is possible.  It was also noted that SSE were working in the Strathgarve area yesterday cutting back bushes from the powerlines.

A resident of Garve has asked our Chairman about a “humming” sound reportedly coming from the powerline above Garve.  The Chairman is only aware of one other Garve resident who has formally reported similar sounds.  A member of the public attending this meeting has also noted a “humming” sound.  Martin Macphee explained that on a windy day, if damp, the discharge around the cable could sound like “humming” if the tension on the cable is wrong.  Perhaps a cable needs to be tied up.  Always best to call SSE directly at the time – 0800 300 999 or https://sse.co.uk/help/contact-us

Cllr Dr Ian Cockburn arrived at the meeting at 7.35pm.

Following mixed reports about the state of the grass verges in Achanalt, our Chairman went for a walk on Saturday 26 January 2019 to see the verges for himself.  He walked from Strathbran to Achanalt House.  The last time our Chairman walked these verges was with Iain Moncrieff on Thursday 7 June 2018.  Since then the top soil has sunk in to the verges or perhaps been washed away.  Ditches and offlets also now need cleaned out and the edge of the road is breaking up in places.  The Chairman took photos of the verges to share with Community Council members.  Our Chairman also showed Community Council members present at this meeting a video of the verges.  The Secretary noted that the top soil placed on the verges in Grudie Bridge was of poor quality.  It contained glass and the verges have never been right.  All these issues have been reported to The Highland Council and SSE.  Cllr Dr Ian Cockburn will also look into this matter.  The other verge which has not been dug up in Achanalt could be used by pedestrians until the issues with the first verge are resolved.  This was acknowledged by some Achanalt residents.  As these issues have been raised through the Development Company, our Chairman has kept Tina and Lucy informed, for which they are most grateful.

TG&DDC update – Tina Hartley and Lucy Beattie, Community Engagement and Development Officers are currently drawing up a draft development plan.  Community Council members have been asked how the plan might aid our own work?  There was general agreement that this would be another insight into the community’s needs and wishes, a useful follow up to the 2016 Community Needs Survey.

In other news from the Development Company, a suggestion of a community garden has been made.  One member of the community has suggested that the garden could include a mini orchard which might mature along with the younger folk.  Our Chairman has suggested to Tina and Lucy that if that person donates a tree out of their own pocket, so will he.  Perhaps others in the community might like to do the same … a mini orchard and community growing older together.

TG&DDC had planned a Meet & Greet in Achnasheen on Wednesday 30 January 2019.  This session was postponed due to the weather but will be rearranged.

The Community Council has been invited to a TG&DDC Stakeholder meeting later this month.  Our Chairman, The Secretary and co-opted member Sadie-Michaela Harris all hope to attend.  The Secretary felt that although it’s good to see so much is happening in the community, she hoped the projects were sustainable.  It would be a shame if all the hard work did not leave an ongoing legacy.

The Wester Ross Biosphere have invited Community Councils to join them at a special event to launch their five-year Strategic Plan this weekend in Ullapool.  There will be a presentation of the key aspects of the plan and an update on their sustainable tourism project: SHAPE (Sustainable Heritage Areas: Partnerships for Ecotourism).  This update was posted on our website.  Sadie will attend on behalf of the Community Council as she has promised the Ullapool Sea Savers a refill of their Tiffin tin!

Highland Council updates – www.highland.gov.uk – The average weekly rent charged by The Highland Council to its 13,411 council house tenants is set to increase by 3% for the coming financial year 2019/20.  The average weekly rent will rise from £73.22 to £75.42 - an increase of £2.20 per week.

The Secretary has visited the Bailey Bridge in Garve.  We learnt yesterday that The Community Asset Transfer map show this bridge as the Black Water Bridge.  The Secretary noted that bushes have been cut back and “L” shaped brackets on the bridge have been renewed in recent times.  She also noted the sign marking the history of the bridge has seen better days …  replace/repair?  The Secretary will see what can be done.

Co-opted member Joe Stewart has asked about sightlines where the Little Garve road meets the A835 trunk road and drains/offlets.  These are on the program of works as confirmed by Iain Moncrieff.

Social Media posts would suggest there is a dog wondering around the Gorstan/Little Garve/Silverbridge/Strathgarve area.  One post dated Tuesday 15 January 2019 describes seeing a white/light coloured dog (retriever size) running across the trunk road at Gorstan Junction earlier that evening.  It apparently ran down towards the river and field.  A second post from last Friday evening asks if anyone is missing a bigish white dog or knows of anyone that has one.   Apparently, someone has seen this dog running across the trunk road at Silverbridge.  A photo of the dog would help enquiries into this matter.

Martin Macphee left the meeting at 8.00pm and was thanked for attending.

Work to clear out the roadside drains and offlets at Gorstan took place at the end of December 2018.  It was noted that workmen have been seen on the hillside above Gorstan.  Perhaps they are repairing drains that may have led to the flooding in Gorstan in June 2018?  Dumped tar at Lochluichart roadside has been removed.  The Dumped Caravan at Grudie was removed on Thursday 13 December 2018.  Mess in the layby tided up, many thanks to the Secretary.

Our request from last autumn that a grit box be provided in Achanalt has now been fulfilled. 

Electric Vehicle charging point in Achnasheen – work to install the charger begun on Thursday 6 December 2018 – ongoing.

Achnasheen village shelter and Wi-Fi. – work to repair the existing shelter appears complete except for roof sheeting which is yet to be replaced.  The WI-FI equipment (funded as part of the Inverness City & Region deal) has been installed and appears to be working however, there is no sign advising tourists or even local residents that WI-FI is now available in the village centre.  This will be looked into by the project manager.  New Village noticeboards have been ordered and will be delivered to county buildings, Dingwall so that the joiner can collect and install them as soon as possible.  Information panels are to follow.  Car park timber rails are to be replaced in due course.  It was noted that there now appears to be WI-FI in Garve Village Hall thanks to the DigiHub project, funded by the LCT.

It was noted at the Ross & Cromarty Area Committee meeting held on Wednesday 30 January 2019 that the lack of facilities for motorhome waste, an issue raised at the joint Community Council meetings over the last few years, is to be addressed.  Such facilities are to be installed at Highland Council run public toilets including at Silverbridge and Achnasheen.

All lights above speed limit signs and Give Way signs in Achnasheen are not working.  Light reference numbers have faded or are missing.  Some bollards at the roundabout are also not lighting up.  All reported FS99809810 on Sunday 16 December 2018 with technicians visiting on Thursday 20 December 2018.  Some fittings need replaced, awaiting parts. 

The temporary light in the Arthur’s Terrace carpark in Achnasheen has now been replaced with a proper street light after one was sourced. 

Damaged drainage covers in Achnasheen Village Centre have been reported and are on the program of works to be attended too.

Right of Access over Ledgowan Bridge – as noted at our September 2018 ordinary meeting, we have again received verbal reports that the access has been blocked in a similar way to that which was first raised in September 2011.  The matter has again been referred to The Highland Council’s Access Officer to investigate further.  We understand that the Access Officer did raise the issue with the Estate last November and as the Access Officer had heard nothing more, had presumed that the gate was open again.  He will now follow this up in light of these further reports.  If anybody finds similar problems, they are advised to contact the Access Officer directly on 01349 868431 or philip.waite@highland.gov.uk

It was noted at the Ross & Cromarty Area Committee meeting held on Wednesday 30 January 2019 that the poor road surface between Luib and Glencarron on the A890 south of Achnasheen is to be resurfaced as part of the 2019/2020 roads maintenance program.

A890 Stromeferry Bypass – although this section of road is out with our area, we take an interest as it affects local residents, local businesses and tourists alike.  A Highland Council Environment, Development & Infrastructure Committee meeting took place on Thursday 31 January 2019 where it was agreed to allocate a further £2.185m for further rock stabilisation works.  The additional funding will come from reprofiling other projects in the capital programme.  It was also agreed that a cross party working group be established to decide the preferred long term solution route.  Public consultations about the works in autumn 2019 and spring 2020 which may involve road/rail diversion and three total weekend closures of the Bypass are to follow.

The Highland Council notes that residents should report issues directly to them by calling The Highland Council’s Call Centre on 01349 886606, by visiting Ross House, Dingwall or via www.highland.gov.uk/report  In all cases, you will be given a reference number.  The Highland Council also appreciate photos showing the actual problem. 

Streetlight faults can be reported via https://www.highland.gov.uk/info/20005/roads_and_pavements/110/street_lighting_and_traffic_signals  You will need to provide the reference number on the streetlight column.

The Highland Council’s Winter Service Policy for 2018/19 will be published on the Council’s website at www.highland.gov.uk/gritting 

Potholes can be reported directly via The Highland Council website - https://www.highland.gov.uk/info/20005/roads_and_pavements/96/road_faults

BEAR update - wet embankment outside Garve – an inspection team visited the site on Monday 24 December 2018.  They found no obvious defects in the area that could be an issue, the culverts in the area were flowing freely but BEAR will submit a bid to Transport Scotland to carry out more detailed drainage investigation work to see what else can be done.  BEAR have no plans to extend the speed limit west of Garve as the road layout doesn’t meet speed limit criteria.  It was noted that Network Rail have also been seen on the Railway embankment above the trunk road – surveyors?

Network Rail – the footbridge at Garve Railway Station continues to appear very rusty.  We had been informed that work might take place in 2022/23 but have suggested this needs brought forward.  Network Rail replied to our query that repair and re-painting of the footbridge is now scheduled to take place in 2020/21.  This update was posted on our website.

Scottish Water – Scottish Water have visited Little Garve to investigate the issues raised.  They feel pipes have been buried properly and are of the quality required but will monitor their network in the area to ensure no further issues arise.  Unfortunately, a further two bursts occurred on Monday 7 January 2019 and were reported to Scottish Water at the time – 0800 0778 778 or https://www.scottishwater.co.uk/contact-us/report-a-problem   Caroline Gamble wondered if by digging for these burst pipes, Scottish Water may have dug near the new fibre cable?  Caroline was advised to contact the Garve & District Broadband group for clarification.

The 2018 Community Christmas party took place on Saturday 22 December in Garve Village Hall.  Around 70-80 people attended including Santa.  In the 2016 Community Needs Survey, there was support for a Christmas party for the whole community (children & adults) to bring everyone together – 26 votes.  It was a very jolly, lively night out!

Community Council Scheme Review 2018-19 – at a meeting of The Highland Council on Wednesday 16 January 2019, Councillor’s agreed to formally review the Highland Scheme of Establishment for Community Councils.  The draft proposals to amend the Scheme are based on the feedback received from Community Councils during the initial phase of engagement between August and November 2018.  There are no draft proposals to change our area’s size or make us represent 2000 people.  The Highland Council have stepped back from those initial ideas.  A three-month public consultation is now taking place on the actual draft proposals to amend the Scheme.  Community Councils and members of the public have the opportunity to comment and submit representations on the draft proposals.  The draft proposals include formalising youth membership by giving Community Councils the option to allow two additional places for 14-18 year olds with full voting rights.  Other draft proposals include a maximum of four co-opted members (currently one third of total membership), members who move out with the area stay on the Community Council until the next interim/full election (currently they are no longer members as soon as they leave the area) and reviewing core funding arrangements though any changes to funding wouldn’t take effect before April 2020.  More details including how to respond at by Monday 15 April 2019 - https://www.highland.gov.uk/news/article/11580/review_of_community_councils 

2019 Community Ceilidh - our Chairman asked Community Council members at our last ordinary meeting to think about what they would like to do as a funding application would need to be in to the LCT by 28 February 2019 to meet their new deadlines and to secure the booking of a band, catering, Venue hire etc …  Possible date might be Saturday 17 August 2019 - TBC.  Page six of the 2016 Community Needs Survey report does show support for vibrant social activities in the community.  A draft funding application was sent to all Community Council members before this meeting.  Thanks to the Secretary who organised catering quotes.  Community Council members present fully agreed the proposed application.  The Secretary would like Raffle or Tombola prize donations in by the end of July if possible (subject to us receiving funding from the LCT of course!)

Cllr Dr Ian Cockburn left the meeting at 8.30pm and was thanked for attending.

Police report - www.scotland.police.uk – no report received but social media reports inform us that a one vehicle accident around one mile North of Inchbae took place on Monday 31 December 2018, a two-car collision at the Gorstan Junction took place on Monday 7 January 2019 and a car left the road east of Achnasheen on Wednesday 9 January 2019.  In all cases police and ambulances attended but there did not appear to be any serious injuries.  The Chairman noted a car on its roof in the ditch west of Achnasheen on Thursday 17 January 2019.  Nobody was in the car.

Police are appealing for information following the theft of a diesel compressor.  The two-wheel Atlas Copco compressor (described as being predominantly yellow in colour) was removed from a site at Grudie Bridge Power Station sometime between the morning of Monday 7 January 2019 and the morning of Monday 14 January 2019.  You can contact police by calling 101 and quoting reference NE264/19.  You can also contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.  This update was posted on our website.

Press reports inform us that four men have appeared in court charged with the fatal RTC that occurred east of Garve on Sunday 25 February 2018.  They all made no plea to charges of causing death by dangerous driving.  Flowers are still left on the roadside fence by the family of the deceased.

Police caught a speeding vehicle on the A890 at Luib on Monday 21 January 2019.  The driver is known to our Chairman who has also had words!

Treasurers report – In the absence of the Treasurer, our Chairman with help for the Secretary declared the following figures.  Treasurers account minus December Hall hire £14.00 and ink £40.95 = £91.42.  Community (reserve) £1,838.01.  Newsletter (flier) fund £695.50.  Next month, an auditor will need appointing and Secretary fee agreed.  Anyone who wishes to donate to our fundraising baskets can do so directly to our Secretary or at the reception of Garve Hotel.  Hamper baskets would be particularly welcome. 

Correspondences - All correspondences are sent to members via email.  Correspondences received by email – Trish Wilson, Scottish Water – Little Garve update; ePlanning – new planning applications at 7 December 2018; Peter Atkinson, The Highland Council – Town Centre Health Checks; Robin Pope, The Highland Council – Electric Vehicle Charger updates; five emails from Claire Bell, The Highland Council – Information Shelter updates; ePlanning – new planning applications at 14 December 2018; two emails from Rachael Pringle, BEAR – A835 flooding; Paul Arnold, Information Commissioner's Office – renewal of Data Protection until 31 December 2019; ePlanning – new planning applications at 21 & 28 December 2018; Uisdean Menzies, Out of the Blue catering – catering quote; Alison Clark, The Highland Council - Community Council Scheme Review 2018-19; Wendy Morton, Network Rail – Garve Railway Station Footbridge; ePlanning – new planning applications at 11 January 2019; Garve Hotel – catering quote; Tina Hartley, TG&DDC – Development plan update; Wester Ross Biosphere – invite; ePlanning – new planning applications at 18 January 2019; Stephanie Shaw, The Highland Council - Ross & Cromarty Educational Trust Scheme; Colin Howell, The Highland Council – Stromeferry Bypass update; Dena Ross – Noticeboards; Bea Jefferson, Community Fund Coordinator (North), Foundation Scotland – EDF Corriemoillie Education & Training Fund update; ePlanning – new planning applications at 25 January 2019; Lucy Beattie, TG&DCC - Stakeholder Invitation; Daryn Lucas, Lead Project Manager, SSE – The Avenue Trees.

Correspondences received by post – Ian Blackford MP – Christmas card.

We have also received draft minutes from Coigach (x2), Contin, Plockton, Lochalsh, Lochcarron and Lochbroom Community Councils and approved minutes from Gairloch (x2), and Lochbroom (x2) Community Councils.

AOB from Community Council members – no issues raised by those present.

AOB from members of the public – no issues raised by those present.

Screening reports, scoping reports and consultations – at our last ordinary meeting, we noted a consultation from the North Ross Deer Management Group.  Community Council members had no comments.

Last year, Community Councils were asked for their views on extended licensing hours over the festive period.  The Highland Licensing Board’s new supplementary policy statement on extended hours during the festive period is now active and can be viewed on The Highland Council’s website and will take effect from the festive period 2019-2020 onwards.

All Highland Council consultations are available at http://consult.highland.gov.uk/portal  All Scottish Government consultations are available at https://consult.gov.scot/consultation_finder 

Building warrants, planning issues and licensing issues - There is one new building warrant currently being shown on The Highland Council website for our area.  19/00030/NDOM9 is for the proposed erection of a garage at Corriemoillie Farm.

In mid December 2018, we noted 18/05727/PNO, construction of forestry private way at Achanalt was received by The Highland Council.  Our website was updated accordingly.  Community Council members had no comments to make on this application.  The application has since been granted planning permission by The Highland Council.

At the end of December 2018, we noted 18/05919/OHL, erection of an overhead powerline, land to the South East of Loch Fannich.  Our website was updated accordingly.  Community Council members had no comments to make on this application.  The application has since been granted planning permission by The Highland Council.

In early January 2019, we noted 18/05914/FUL, erection of House and Garage, land 40 metres North West of Glentawik, Little Garve.  This is a renewal of planning permission 15/03278/FUL which Community Council members considered around three years ago.  Our website was updated accordingly.  Community Council members had no comments to make on this application. 

No other planning applications have been received by The Highland Council since our last ordinary meeting for our area.

All planning applications can be viewed at https://www.highland.gov.uk/info/180/planning_-_applications_warrants_and_certificates/143/planning_permission/4 

There are no new licensing issues for us to consider this evening.

Dates of future meetings

(Ordinary meetings are usually held on the first Tuesday of every month unless stated otherwise)

Tuesday 5 March 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 2 April 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 7 May 2018, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 4 June 2019, AGM followed by an ordinary meeting, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

July 2019 – no meeting

Tuesday 6 August 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 3 September 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Tuesday 1 October 2019, 7.00pm, Garve Village Hall

Members of the public are very welcome to attend Community Council meetings and take part in the discussions under the guidance of the Chairman.  A copy of the Constitution that every Community Council in the Highlands has to work to is available on the Highland Council website - www.highland.gov.uk/downloads/file/4456/scheme_of_establishment_for_community_councils

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 8.45pm.

 

Outstanding road repairs in our Community Council area …

Damaged drain cover opposite Railway Yard, Achnasheen (FS99034497 reported 9 December 2018 with picture).

Damaged drain cover outside “The Studio”, Achnasheen (FS99035718 reported 9 December 2018 with picture).

Top soil washed away/sunk in on grass verges in Achanalt (FS103722925 reported 26 January 2019 with picture).

Ditches and offlets in Achanalt need cleaned out (FS103723318 reported 26 January 2019 with picture).

Pothole at Grudie Bridge (FS97132387 reported 31 October 2018 and again 25 November 2018 with picture and again on 3 February 2019 FS104506789 with picture).

Offlets in “Jock’s” layby, Grudie Bridge require cleaned out.  (FS103779661 reported 27 January 2019 with picture).

Damage to crash barrier to the west of Lochluichart Church (FS69992497 reported 10 March 2018 and FS73369865 re-reported on 19 April 2018 with a picture).

Pothole on newly repaired patch of road at Lochluichart (FS103780392 reported 27 January 2019 with picture).

We have received reports of damaged drain covers and kerbstones in Stirling Drive, Garve.  This has been reported (FS66213050 reported 19 January 2018 and a picture). 

The road surface is breaking up at the start of The Avenue, especially at the Bailey Bridge where the steel edge is exposed (FS68964983 reported 26 February 2018).

 

 

Since our last meeting ...

Infinergy - www.lxxwindfarm.co.uk  Our Chairman now understands that the planning application may not be submitted until April 2019.

SSE updates – Trees in The Avenue.  The Highland Council have given permission for the two dead/leaning trees to be cut down.  SSE required a form to be sent in to “Be The Difference” which our Chairman has completed.  The Chairman has offered to meet representatives of The Highland Council and SSE on site if necessary.  SSE hope to cut the two trees in April/May. 

Flooding on hillside above Gorstan – Lisa Marchi at SSE writes …”my understanding is last year the area was hit by heavy rainfall which caused localised flooding around the junction at Gorstan where a drain collapsed, Highland Council repaired the drain and the damage caused.  The question was then asked had the Beauly Mossford Project impacted on the area, so we commissioned a flood impact report through Mott MacDonald.  The report concluded that the flooding was not the result of the access track works for the project however the report did suggest some remedial repairs to the track and drainage.  We have carried out these repairs as per the report.”  We thank Lisa for the update.

Wester Ross Biosphere - www.wrb.scot/ - co-opted member Sadie-Michaela Harris attended the launch of their plan on Saturday 9 February 2019 in Ullapool.  Around 50 people attended.  Copies of their plan will be available on their website.

Wondering dogs – picture needed and then it needs to be sent to - https://www.highland.gov.uk/info/1211/animal_welfare_and_pest_control/472/dog_control/2

Dog fouling – picture needed and then it needs to be sent to - https://www.highland.gov.uk/info/1330/street_care_and_cleaning/473/dog_fouling

Contrary to some social media posts, The Community Council is not looking into erecting signs for local playparks.  This would be something for those local groups who run the parks to undertake.  The incorrect post has since been deleted.

One previous planning application has been determined by The Highland Council since our last ordinary meeting.  18/05914/FUL was the renewal of planning permission to build a house and garage, land 40metres NW of Glentawik in Little Garve.  Planning permission has been granted with three conditions.  1 - No trees shall be removed, lopped, topped or otherwise damaged on site unless with the written approval of the Planning Authority.  2 - No development shall commence until all retained trees are protected against construction damage using protective barriers located beyond the Root Protection zone.  3 - No development shall commence until the site access has been constructed in accordance with The Highland Council's Access to Single Houses and Small Housing Developments guidelines.

 

 

This website was last updated at 3.00pm on Tuesday 19 February 2019.




Click for Map SSPC - Property in Scotland
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy