Welcome to my Space on the Burnmouth Website
- Dorothy Aitchison
I can present two new paintings of Burnmouth.
Burnmouth in Summer and The Mizpah Approaches the Harbour on a Dreich Morning.
See gallery for prices
Contact Dorothy Aitchison
Dorothy Aitchison facebook
Monday Art Class at
12.30 - 3.30pm £10.00 per 3hr session. Materials extra if required. You can bring your own materials. I am looking for two more pupils so that I can hold the class in Burnmouth Village Hall. This is more accessible than Whinfaulds.
Burnmouth Calendars 2020
at Nan's Emporium
Eyemouth General Store
Marshall Meadows Hotel
£10.50/ £10.00 from Dorothy Supporting Arts Eyemouth.
East Seaboard Artists Artwork by Dorothy and 15 other artists are on display at
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel and Conference Centre.
East Seaboard Artists welcomes artist Liz Walker and her delightful Acrylic and Ink Paintings to the exhibition.
The exhibition features work by several prominent, local artists;
Eric Ritchie Linda Foster Liz Walker Chris Maundrel Dorothy Aitchison
Helen Stuart Sarah Riseborough Jancis Courtney Diane Janes
Margaret Stott Julie Wieme Agnes Poyner Margaret Paxton Tom Carter
Take time to visit the Georgian hotel, enjoy it's ambiance and view the exhibition.
Exhibition changes at the end of March.
Workshops in Various Media
See Arts Eyemouth on Facebook for images and more information.
Workshops can be tailored for groups or individuals.
- Tuition in Drawing & Painting in all Media
- Carving in Stone & Wood
- Modelling, Mould Making & Casting
- Mosaic Making; make a stepping stone, doorstep or larger work.
- Children's Art/ Tuition & Fun
- Animation with Red Kite or D fie foe animation companies.
- Windsocks:- spray paint large paper windsocks with pump system watering cans filled with a dye like paint, paint smaller fabric windsocks with silk paints.Very large premade windsocks in fabric include zig zag shapes, sand eel or blue & yellow fish in kite fabric, are available for display.
- Masks, Headgear etc.
- Flags & Bunting including tie dye.
- Giant Mermaid Puppet
- Plastercast Painting from Arts Eyemouth moulds.
- & more
Recent projects include Bottle Top Art with ReTweed and the Eyemouth Men's Shed. Fish to be displayed outside the Ship Hotel and Oblo, Eyemouth.
Projects for 2020; restoring the Red Bridge Mosaic, Eyemouth, launching the complete Arts Eyemouth website and Dorothy Aitchison, artist website and promoting the exhibition at Marshall Meadows Hotel e.g. online sales.
Under St Abbs Head
I climbed over the rocks from Petticowick Beach and balanced myself & easel on a slippy shelf in order to make this pastel drawing. The headland in the distance is known as Wheatears.