Bouncy Castle Conditions of Hire
These are the Terms and Conditions of Hire for using the Bouncy Castle at Gwernymynydd Village Centre (hereafter referred to as GVC).
GVC accept no responsibility for damage or injury whilst our equipment is under hire to you.
1. Hire of equipment is for the duration of the hire of the centre for the purpose of the party.
3. In the unlikely event that GVC cannot provide the equipment due to events beyond their control then they will not be held responsible for any liabilities that this may cause.
4. Hirers should only take instruction on the use of the castle from the Booking Secretary, Centre Caretaker or other member of the GVC Management Committee.
5. When the hire period begins, the castle will be laid out by GVC for the hirer in a deflated state. The hirer will be shown how to inflate and deflate the castle. At the end of the hire period the castle should be left deflated with all connections still in place. Do not attempt to fold the castle away for storage.
6. Do not allow people onto or around the castle when it is deflated. Wait until it is fully inflated before allowing use.
7. Do not allow people around the back of the castle near to the blower pump at any time.
9. Do not allow people to bounce on the front step.
10. Do not allow people to climb, sit or hang off the walls.
11. Do not allow animals on or near the equipment.
12. No food, drink or smoking is allowed on the inflatable.
13. No somersaults or other manoeuvres that may risk causing damage to the persons head / neck / back or any other part of any person's body are allowed on the inflatable.
14. The supervisor should watch the inflatable constantly and any children playing in a dangerous manner must be dealt with and removed immediately.
15. Larger children must be segregated from the smaller ones.
16. The inflatable must not be overloaded and an adequate bouncing space must be available for each person whilst on the inflatable so as not to cause contact to others whilst bouncing.
17. The inflatable must not be deflated while in use and the anchor points must not be tampered with. Please ensure all crash mats remain against each other and stay in touch with the front step.
18. Party poppers, hair dye, face paint, silly string, spray foam, washing up liquid and any other liquids must not be used on the inflatable. (These substances cause permanent damage to the inflatable and the cost of this damage may be charged to the hirer.)
19. Any vandalism or wilful damage must be paid for in full by the hirer. The hirer will be responsible for the cost of any repairs needed, including carriage to and from the repairers, for any damage caused by misuse of the equipment, normal wear and tear excluded.
20. The inflatable is not to be used by persons over 12, unless adult hire has been agreed by GVC. Any child taller than the inside wall is not permitted to use it. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should adults enter onto the castle as this may result in damage to the castle.
21. The supervisor must ensure that the numbers of children on the castle at any one time is safe. The actual maximum will depend on the day on the size/age of children and how energetic they are; for example if there are a number of larger 10-12 year olds then the maximum should be no more than 6. Consult the Booking Secretary or representative of the GVC Committee for advice if in any doubt.
22. GVC has full public liability insurance, however, GVC can take no responsibility or liability once the inflatable has been left in the supervision of the hirer. GVC must also warn the hirer that if any accident occurs from the hirers neglect to supervision then the hirer will be responsible and not GVC.
23. In the unlikely event of a problem with the hired equipment during the hire period the hirer MUST NOT attempt to fix the problem unless it is minor i.e. the blower detaches from the castle. Instead the hirer should CONTACT the Booking Secretary or other member of GVC committeee whose contact details they will be given.
Page Last Updated - 10/07/2012
|This is a community-run website. Please help to keep it interesting and up-to-date (by using the Contact link at top of Home Page) if you have something to add or say.|