NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF ELECTORS’ RIGHTS
COYCHURCH HIGHER COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Financial year ending 31 March 2020
1. Date of announcement 28th August 2020
2. Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales. Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice. For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Mrs Karyl Carter, Clerk/RFO
Strawberry Fields, Off High Street, Heol Y Cyw
Bridgend CF35 6HY
between the hours of 2pm and 4pm on Monday to Friday - please note, social distancing will apply.
commencing on 1 September 2020
and ending on 28 September 2020
3. From 29th September 2020 until the audit has been completed, Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
• the right to question the Auditor General about the accounts. The Auditor General can be contacted via BDO LLP, Arcadia House, Maritime Walk, Ocean Village, Southampton SO14 3TL; and
• the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor General via BDO LLP, Arcadia House, Maritime Walk, Ocean Village, Southampton, SO14 3TL. A copy of the written notice must also be given to the council.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor General for Wales’ Code of Audit Practice.