Community-Council.org.ukFerintosh Community Council | sitemap | log in

Ferintosh Environmental Group

 

Ferintosh Environmental Group
 
Report of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th June 2011 in Ferintosh Hall, Easter Kinkell.
 
1        Attendance: Graham Sullivan, Joan More, Sheila Maher, Noelle McFadyen, Mary-Jane McWilliam, Linda Linksey, Dennis Linksey, Julie Lee-Stewart, David Hooper, Helen Chance
 
2        Apologies: Lesley Robb
 
3     Sightings and Observations: Ideas for talks during Autumn/Winter meetings include Butterflies/Moths, Roe deer, Fungi. Talk on Mammals (Badger/Pine Marten in particular) could be given for Winter social (Dec 2nd TBC). Sheila and Graham to contact speakers to arrange order of speakers and confirm dates.
 
4        Matters arising from the previous meeting: None
 
5     Projects
 
5.1 Corntown – Conon Footpath: Still awaiting the installation of styles over the fences along the path. Dates and any request for volunteers will follow.
 
5.2 Red Squirrel Survey – Future activities: Graham has passed on to Juliet Robinson our survey results. During recent FC thinning works at Learnie two trees containing dreys identified during the survey have accidentally been felled. Helen will contact Colin Leslie at Inverness FC office who has requested the data FEG collected to prevent this reoccurring.
 
5.3 FC car park/recycling area, Culbokie: Simon Fraser of the CC is keen that FEG take lead role in organising a tidy up of the car park and recycling area. Sheila will contact the interested parties to organise a meeting to discuss getting a work party together and how best to go forward. Date of meeting will be circulated.
 
5.4 Agency Activities:
-         Tues 14th June – guided walk by HC countryside ranger from Cromarty up to the South Souter. Meet at Cromarty centre car park at 1pm. 
-         Sat 18th June – guided walk discovering dragonflies and damselflies on the forest bog at Monadh Mor. 10am – 1pm. Meet at FC car park.
 
7             Organisational Issues
i)        Reporting to/reports from Ferintosh Community Council: Sheila attended the 16 May meeting to introduce herself to other members of the CC. Joan will also give her usual report
ii)      Funding: Invoice for bird food for the ringing day is yet to be paid. This will be followed up with CC. Secretary Ann Acock
iii)    Community Council Noticeboard: Lesley will write up her bimonthly article.
iv)    Website: David and Dennis will start looking into creating a Spanglefish website. Ideas for content include: events, reports, contacts, links etc.
 
6        Member Information: Nothing to raise
 
7        Date and time of next meetings: Agreed that there will be no July or August
meetings. Date of next meeting Wednesday 14th September 2011.



Click for Map


WikanikoWork from Home
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy